WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN AND DOES IT FIT YOUR PERSONALITY?
Disclaimer: I’m not any kind of expert in astrology, nor do I believe in astrology/horoscopes/whatever else as any kind of genuine source of information. I do think it’s a lot of fun, though.
I was born on December 10, which makes me a Sagittarius.
Guys, would you believe it is so hard to find just a one or two sentence summary for Sagittarius traits? The closest I could find was through this site, so I’m just gonna go through the various sections and see what I think matches up.
“Strengths: Generous, idealistic, great sense of humor”
- Generous: To an extent, I guess? I’m much more so around people I like/care about.
- Idealistic: Yeah, I think that fits. I get swept up in the idea that once I end up in the place I want to be, it’ll be perfect and if it doesn’t live up to that I get kinda bummed out.
- Great sense of humour: Y’know what, I’m saying this fits. If you make me laugh you’ll be my friend instantly (which probably explains a lot about why I’m dating a stand-up comedian), and when I can make people laugh it’s the best. So many of my friendships are built on things we find funny.
“Weaknesses: Promises more than can deliver, very impatient, will say anything no matter how undiplomatic”
- Promises more than can deliver – … Okay, listen. I probably shouldn’t be admitting this so publicly while I’m on a job hunt, but I do have a habit of promising the moon to people with the full intention of following through, and finding later that that isn’t so possible after all. It’s not malicious or deliberate, though – I genuinely do go into these things intending fully to deliver. I just keep forgetting that I’m only human.
- Very impatient – I definitely used to be. I think I’ve gotten better with that now – I’ve reigned it in as best I can over the years. There are definitely things (and people) that I’m much more patient with than others. I’m pretty impatient with myself, mostly.
- Will say anything no matter how undiplomatic – Again, I feel like this is something I used to do a lot more than I do now. I’m still in the process of learning when it’s appropriate to hold my tongue and when it’s more acceptable to jump in and oppose what’s going on. To be fair, I usually only stir the pot if someone’s being ignorant or otherwise unpleasant and I want to nudge (or shove) them back onto the right path.
“Sagittarius likes: Freedom, travel, philosophy, being outdoors”
- Freedom – YES holy shit. This is probably the most Sagittarius-esque thing about me. My personal freedom is something I hold in very high regard: the freer I feel, the happier I am.
- Travel – Also yes, definitely. That said, I like the part where I’m already at Point B – the actual physical act of getting on a train/plane/bus/whatever usually gets me antsy, just because I’m always paranoid about something going wrong. But once I’ve arrived where I want to go, I just love it. Seeing new places is always so cool.
- Philosophy – I have like … an interest in it, sure, but not so much that I’m prying what people think happens after you die during the first conversation. Philosophy is fun to discuss and explore but I’m not obsessed with it.
- Being outdoors – yesyesyes. I’m happy to kick around at home for the most part, but I get really restless really quick if the sun is out and it’s warm and I haven’t been outside in a day or two. I’m always bugging Umby into going out for walks with me and stuff.
“Sagittarius dislikes: Clingy people, being constrained, off-the-wall theories, details”
- Clingy people – I was going to say I am a clingy person, but that’s really only around Umby (and that’s also physically clingy mostly). I do get pretty frustrated when I feel like someone – even someone I’m friends with – wants to be around me constantly and won’t give me my space.
- Being constrained – Yeah, that riles me. Even if it’s something I probably would/wouldn’t have done anyway, the second my free will in a situation is threatened I will feel like I have to do the opposite just to re-assert it. Like I said before, my personal freedom is important to me.
- Off-the-wall theories – Like, conspiracy theories? They’re sort of fun to entertain but I don’t really care about them, to be honest. If we’re talking in terms of just day-to-day weird theories, it really depends on the context and how off-the-wall the theory is – otherwise I’m neutral, really.
- Details – This is kind of funny to me because I think I’m pretty detail-oriented; I usually go in on the details almost too hard without considering the bigger picture. Like, when I’m writing, I’ll be more focused on getting a scene/paragraph/sentence perfect than getting a fully cohesive story; when I’m drawing, I’ll do a face in full detail and then be like “oh, I totally didn’t think about how their body would fit into this”. So this is the only one that’s a definite no.
There’s another paragraph of summary stuff but I think this is enough for one blog post. Most of it kind of just reiterates what I’ve already said.
I think Sagittarius does fit me pretty well, overall – at least regarding personal values and whatnot. Like I said before, I don’t define my life by zodiac/astrology/horoscope by any means, but this was fun to write!